I finished preaching a series on Ezra and Nehemiah last night and here is a summary of the series. Whether it is individual, congregational or national, these things are necessary for revival.
Another important lesson, particularly from Nehemiah 13 is that restoration is on ongoing process that is never complete and can be discouraging. We (individual or church) have never arrived. There is always work to be done. If we are not vigilant, we can drift away from God’s Will.
What is needed for Revival:
- Godly Leaders
- Zerubbabel, Joshua, Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai
- God’s Word
- Read Nehemiah 8:1-12
- Working under difficult conditions and against opposition
- Ezra chs 4-5; Nehemiah chs 4-6
- Ezra chapter 9; Nehemiah 1:5-11; Nehemiah 9:5-38
- see prayers above
- Faith in a Dynamic God
- notice the repetition of what God had done in Nehemiah 9:5-38
- God’s Sovereignty, as in much of the Bible, is a theme.