I am glad to worship with a congregation that has encouraged Daily Bible Reading for a long time. The brother of one our of sisters had made a schedule many years ago and the the weekly schedule is published in our bulletin. Each year we remind and encourage all members to find a schedule and read daily. God deserves it and it will change individuals and churches.
I personally believe that individual spiritual development should be the first and foremost “program” of every church. It must be the foundation for everything else. And it won’t happen without prayer and Bible study. This was the reason we developed the daily Bible reading discussion class for 2007 and it has gone well. Anyway, I hope you will read daily in 2008. Here are some resources and schedules that I have shared with our congregation that may be beneficial to you as well:
- Reading Schedules
- I appreciate Bill Williams for doing this and love the thought questions he added at the end. Daily Bible Reading Schedule. (click on the link at the top of the page)
- We received a pack of these in the mail. I like the size. eThought.com bookmark reading schedule.
- Here is the one many of us use at our congregation. I like it because it goes from Genesis to Revelation, straight through.
- The ESV Literary Study Bible site has the first three chapters of Genesis that you can download here to see what the book is like. Even if you don’t want to buy the entire Bible, at least you can have the notes on Genesis to get started.
- How to Read the Bible for All its Worth and How to Read the Bible Book by Book, both by Fee and Stuart, are both great resources to have.
- Eat this Book by Eugene Peterson really makes you think about God’s Word in a serious and spiritual way.