I really enjoyed the logic class I took in college and appreciate how it is a tool in study and understanding. I have also seen it abused and come to realize its limitations and how it can become an obstacle. Common sense, as well, is often a misnomer. In the Bible, “common” can by synonymous with “profane,” in contrast with “holy”.
So, here are some important things that I accept by faith, even though I can’t fully explain them and they don’t always make “sense”:
- God, the Father. God, the Son. God, the Spirit. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Trinity.
- Sometimes the Bible talks about the Kingdom of God as almost synonymous with the church, and sometimes the Kingdom of God refers to all creation, everything under God’s rule.
- God is holy, just, jealous, wrathful…..God is love, merciful, compassionate. Instead of butting heads and trying to place these things in opposition to each, or worse, trying to make a pie chart of how much God is one or the other, just accept Him, people!
- Atonement. “Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:14).
- God’s Sovereignty and Man’s Free Will.
In your walking by faith and not by sight, what spiritual truths do you accept without comprehending fully?