Since I know, of course, that all of you have been lying in bed at night wondering exactly what I have been putting into my mouth, chewing, and swallowing of late.
I am down to 194 lbs. I don’t know when exactly I started losing weight, but at Christmas, I was at 202.
Last year, because of cholesterol, I cut down on the bad fats but still ate/drank lots of carbs and sugars. I drank a lot of juice instead of soda (southerners, read: coke) because I didn’t realize how much sugar was in fruit juice.
This year I mainly drink water, some decaff tea, coffee, and, soda for eating out, occasional treats. But here are some things that have been pretty consistent in my weekly diet:
- Tuna twice a week. Sometimes I mix in the mayo and mustard, lately I have been eating it plain with a fork. It’s easier to do that with when it comes in oil. I have come to like the Bumblebee brand.
- Salad at least twice a week. Just had a good one for lunch today. Cauliflower, tomates, onions, celery carrots, sunflower seeds, almonds pieces, sometimes broccoli and red peppers. I always put olive oil and balsamic vinegar, no fat salad dressing.
- Peanut Butter and something sandwich once a week. My favorite is banana.
- We don’t eat fish every week, but cook Tilapia 2-3 times a month.
- The rest of our diet is chicken stuff, sandwiches, and soups. Occasionally we make a taco salad.
- I eat very little pasta and pizza and bread. Two of my favorite things.
- I have even cut down on cereal as a snack/filler because of the carbs/sugar. Even the healthy stuff has sugar in it, and lots of carbs.
- I munch on almonds and planet earth veggie/fruit chips.
- I have a big water bottle that I sip on all day long most days.
- I still splurge one or two meals a week. We can’t seem to avoid eating out for more than a week. Some days my carb cravings take over and I eat bread, toast, cereal and pizza, but it is limited.
Overall, I have made great improvements in my eating habits in the last two years. I will get blood work done again sometime this summer and hope my cholesterol and sugars are better.
I will talk about exercising some other day, but not because I haven’t been doing it.