but I like it…love it…yes I do!
This post is why Al Gore invented blogging. I am going to list my favorite rock bands for each of the last decades. Purely personal. Pointless. Might even lead to a fight. Feel free to critique and share afterwards, even though we all know there are no right answers, just lots of wrong ones.
- Elvis Presley
- Chuck Berry
- Buddy Holly
- Rolling Stones
- Bob Dylan
- All three of these had great albums in the 70s, but IMO, it starts with them and really starts in this decade. And if you haven’t heard Dylan’s live concert when he first went electric, don’t tell me he wasn’t about rock n roll.
- Led Zeppelin
- Pink Floyd
- Aerosmith (who recovered well and could be added to the 90s)
- I just didn’t get much out of the Boston/Journey/Foreigner/etc. bands. They should have combined to form one group, which still wouldn’t have been worthy to open for Led Zeppelin.
- Motley Crue (not just glam band, the Dr. Feelgood album still rocks)
- Metallica (I was never into the screaming, but love the guitars)
- Guns N Roses (maybe they spilled over into the 90s, but definitely not a 90s band)
- Stone Temple Pilots
- I am sure there will be lots of disagreement here. Apparently, the truly hip people know that Pearl Jam was better than Nirvana. There were good, too, but didn’t make my list.
- Well, I listen to AM talk radio more than rock n roll now, but still hear a few things. I get called to do a survey every two weeks. I don’t even recognize many of the hard rock songs.
- One band I enjoy, and will add to this decade even though it is far from over….
- 3 Doors Down
I know I left out a lot like Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, Pearl Jam. Dylan is the only virtuoso on there, or one might add Jimi Hendrix, etc.
Okay, your turn to share your opinions. Remember this is about Rock music.