I’m good. I haven’t been blogging lately. Just in one of those blogging ruts. I do plan to share more of my story later this week, but for now just wanted to ramble on about my summer.
The next four months will be busy. Here is what’s going on in my world:
- Going to see the Wolverine movie as soon as possible, probably Saturday afternoon. I loved reading those comics when I was young and glad Hugh Jackman has been playing him.
- I am taking a Leadership class from May through December. It is only one day a month but a full day. Lots of materials. I am excited. I will definitely share more about it later.
- We are going to spend a weekend in Philly in May. Take the kids to the aquarium in Camden, NJ, and try to spend maybe a day seeing cool stuff in downtown Philadelphia.
- I will be 33 years old on June 4th. Jesus didn’t live much past that if he made it that far. That’s wierd.
- The men’s retreat in Kent, CT, every June is a highlight. Beautiful area, good fellowship, just an overnight trip but refreshing.
- Going to preach in upstate NY for my aunt and uncle’s congregation. They live 50 miles in two directions from the nearest Churches of Christ and started meeting in their garage, and now have a building. I am excited. I have never been invited to speak anywhere and am glad to encourage this small congregation.
- There is a Golf scramble fundraiser for our Bible Camp the end of the month. That should be fun.
- My wife’s older sister is coming to visit for a couple of weeks and we will probably take her into the city.
- Camp Manatawny. Our Bible lessons for junior high 2 week of camp is Philippians 2:5-8. I need to write two lessons in the next 3 weeks but I love camp and can’t wait for that.
- We are resurrecting a VBS program. I asked one teen to help and she replied, “What’s VBS?” That tells you how long it has been since this congregation had VBS. Once I explained it, she liked the idea. We are only doing a one-day program. Lots of time and energy and prayer will be needed started now to make that a success.