When I can’t sleep, I always make sure I catch Ferguson’s monologue. He is funnier than Conan, Kimmel, Jay, and Letterman combined. A different style. The following contains some “mature” content and some “immature” content, so if you are easily offended, don’t watch it. It gets better after a slow start.
I have nothing to say. I imagine you can find some great thoughts on some great blogs concerning this. Or maybe you could just go read/study Leviticus, especially chapter 16.
Thanks. Refer to previous post. 🙂
I don’t even feel comfortable admitting/confessing that. But I am. I don’t know if it’s being a little burned out, depressed, just busy and overwhelmed, but I am tired of writing and talking.
I feel no desire to comment on what’s going on on the news, in the world, etc.
Maybe it’s important to point out that I am not necessarily a big talker, commenter, etc.
Often in Bible class, if I am not teaching, I am very content to just listen and think. I do not feel compelled, even as the Preacher, to teach/talk constantly as some do.
But I believe this is the reason I haven’t blogged so much.
I just haven’t been getting much from 1,875 perspectives on any given scripture, inspirational takes on daily events, etc. I think I just need to read my Bible and meditate more.
Never in history have so many been saying so much about so little. And I just got tired of adding my 2 cents to every event that occurs. And with inflation, that’s not what it used to be anyway.
Occasionally, I remember that I started a series about my faith journey back in the spring which needs to be continued at some point. Don’t expect it soon, but it will come some day.
I am enjoying my own silence.
OK, maybe “extravaganza” is a bit of hyperbole. Just wanted to blog about TV a little.
I was raised on it/by it. I watched way too much most of my life. I am grateful that I was able to detox from the middle of 1999 till about 2005, during which there was not a TV in my home. That was nice.
Since that, I haven’t watched as much, although some weeks, I still regret watching too much.
Having said all that, here is what I am excited about for this Fall:
- House! 2-hour premiere tonight!! I can’t wait. I love the twist of House being House inside a mental institution. It should be amusing.
- Whenever I need a laugh, Office, usually provides. I watched last week’s ep online and laughed out loud a couple of times.
- I really got into Southland last season. It took ER’s time slot and was a same but different cop drama. The cliffhanger finale (a cop getting shot during a murder/suicide while trying to invite a neighbor cop family with domestic violence probs to a BBQ) was shocking and makes me want to know what happens next.
- Also, the Criminal Minds finale, where a main character had a psychopath who had escaped during an earlier episode show up in his house was crazy!
- Of Course, Lost is all I really want to watch. I am trying not to think about it too much for two reasons:
- It will still be a few months till it begins
- I don’t want to get my hopes/expectations too high for the final season
So, how about you?
Have you given up TV completely? Do you limit your viewing?
What shows are you most looking forward to this fall?
Any new shows get your attention?
Did you know that there is such a thing as “Nerdcore?”
It’s music, mostly hip-hop, for and by nerds about stuff like computers and Star Wars.
For some reason, it makes me happy that there is a nerdcore artist called, “Optimus Rhyme.” Guess I’m a nerd.
Enjoy this nerdcore song from MC Frontalot (lyrics HERE):