OK, maybe “extravaganza” is a bit of hyperbole. Just wanted to blog about TV a little.
I was raised on it/by it. I watched way too much most of my life. I am grateful that I was able to detox from the middle of 1999 till about 2005, during which there was not a TV in my home. That was nice.
Since that, I haven’t watched as much, although some weeks, I still regret watching too much.
Having said all that, here is what I am excited about for this Fall:
- House! 2-hour premiere tonight!! I can’t wait. I love the twist of House being House inside a mental institution. It should be amusing.
- Whenever I need a laugh, Office, usually provides. I watched last week’s ep online and laughed out loud a couple of times.
- I really got into Southland last season. It took ER’s time slot and was a same but different cop drama. The cliffhanger finale (a cop getting shot during a murder/suicide while trying to invite a neighbor cop family with domestic violence probs to a BBQ) was shocking and makes me want to know what happens next.
- Also, the Criminal Minds finale, where a main character had a psychopath who had escaped during an earlier episode show up in his house was crazy!
- Of Course, Lost is all I really want to watch. I am trying not to think about it too much for two reasons:
- It will still be a few months till it begins
- I don’t want to get my hopes/expectations too high for the final season
So, how about you?
Have you given up TV completely? Do you limit your viewing?
What shows are you most looking forward to this fall?
Any new shows get your attention?