We should really envy those living in cardboard boxes, grass huts, drinking polluted water, and with extended bellies.
- They never get confused about which car they drove to the grocery store to buy junk food.
- They never get frustrated talking to and waiting on tech support for hours.
- They never struggle with obesity and its health problems.
- They never get overwhelmed with credit card debt.
- They never complain about their food being undercooked or taking too long at the restaurant.
- They don’t lose sleep because of what the stock market is doing.
- They don’t have to make the tough decision of which cool phone to buy.
- They don’t have to worry about the housing market.
- They are not affected by rising gasoline prices.
- They aren’t embarrassed that their clothes aren’t the fancy brands.
- They don’t have to put up with SATs, college apps, Finals Week.
- They are oblivious to Health Insurance anxieties.
This was not intended to make anyone laugh.
We can all meditate, reflect, and repent (change) if necessary.
Isn’t it interesting that so many things that cause us to complain and worry are direct results of our abundance and “blessings”?